Experience Stress Relief in Minutes!
*Individual rapid de-stress sessions are an excellent place to start if you have conflict in your relationship.
The de-stress techniques I practice are not just tips or work superficially, they use up the adrenalin that is circulating the body. This is the easiest and best way to relieve stress as this is what the body needs to bring it back to balance.
On top of daily stress, did you know that adrenalin from past negative experiences that wasn’t expressed can stay in the body for years? It can still be affecting you now and having an impact not only on your relationship but on other areas of your life.
Get 50% OFF Your First Session*
The Stressed Mind
Have you ever notices that when you are stressed your mind cannot focus on looking for solutions? This is because stress automatically makes the mind concentrate only on avoiding or fighting perceived danger. The stress response also reduces the amount of visual and auditory information you can take in. For instance, it will be less likely that you will be able to hear exactly what your partner is saying. You will also not be able to take in what is around you fully as stress reduces your peripheral vision.
So, the first place to start with reducing conflict in your relationship and improving your life is to get the stress response right down, so that your mind can function better.
After Rapidly De-stressing
Once the stress or fight/flight response is down, we may naturally move into clearing emotions that are associated with the stress you’ve been experiencing.
The process I use quickly unlocks the emotional chemicals that are being felt in the body and, in most cases, clients come back to a place of peace very quickly.
Once the stress and emotions are down you will be able to see a bigger picture, you will be able to focus on what you want rather than what you don’t want, and make empowering choices. This is when coaching is valuable to help you become clear about what is important to you in your relationship and how to work through conflict.
Here are some examples that coaching can help you with:
- Reconnecting and appreciating each other
- Listening, validating and empathising with one another
- Becoming aware of your boundaries, needs, wants, desires and how to make requests and move towards each other
- How to seek win-win solutions and make agreements
- Learning about your emotional triggers and tools to deal with them
- Understanding that emotional triggers are wounding
- Growing and showing compassion with one another
- Becoming aware of your protective behaviour and learning about your relationship patterns
- Creating a vision for your relationship: knowing each others boundaries, needs, wants and desires; where you are on the same page, where you are not, each other’s areas of growth and the areas of conflict that need to be addressed.
*Please note: that I do not work with couples together who are in fight/flight or have a high level of uncomfortable emotions. It is much more effective to work through these first personally and learn listening and appreciation skills before having sessions together. Couple’s sign an agreement prior to these sessions to create safety.
Get 50% OFF Your First Session*
If you would like to know more about stress and de-stressing, please read these articles:
If you have any questions or would like to experience a session, please contact Valee here